The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is Maryland’s new accountability program, replacing the Maryland School Assessment (MSA) in Reading and Math. It is the first assessment aligned to Maryland’s College and Career Ready Standards, and sets a higher bar for student learning. PARCC requires students to demonstrate critical thinking, problem solving, clear writing, readiness for more challenging academic work for elementary, middle and high school students, which is measured in English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics. It's never to early to start helping your scholar prepare for the PARCC exam. Below are some resources that can help you help your scholar prepare:
Is your scholar READY?
- PARCC Parent Checklist - http://www.parcconline.org/images/Parent_PARCC_Checklist.pdf
- Practice Tests - http://www.parcconline.org/assessments/practice-tests
- Glossary of PARCC Assessment Terms - http://www.parcconline.org/resources/parent-resources/glossary-of-terms
- Explore PARCC Scores in Maryland - http://understandthescore.org
- Learn about the difference in PARCC tests - http://www.parcconline.org/assessments/practice-tests/a-different-kind-of-test